
Was immensely happy, i had received my birthday present in the form of passes to The RDP concert.
I realized i was going crazy.I recognized myself, it was me.
I had forgotten all my inhibitions for that whole hour.
We were there at the venue, palace grounds on time.
Got entry into the concert through the VIP entrance by some kind guy who liked us :)
Made our way through the crowd and reached the spot, from where i could get a great view. Thank heavens for that!
Farhan Akhtar and the Parikrama came over for the acoustics, making me wonder if RD's show is at the later part. Immediately it was followed by RD & the Troupe's acoustics.
RD was clad in his jean, i was glad in a while to see the troupe in their conventional dress.
Super excited by making it to the concert and having made it to the front, i jumped in joy....
He sang the songs, Amber, Khidki, Gudigudiya, Mysore se, Khuda ki kasam, Just maath maathalli, Hey bhagwan, neene beeku...
I would have wanted it to gone on and on and on.
It had to end so that the metropolitan audience of bangalore could entertain Farhan.
Super cool it was meant to be and it was. I fell in love all over again with the music of TRDP. If music has the power of healing, then RDX is the greek god, Apollo.
The other side of it.
On the bright moon lit sky, as this god descended on to the earth to heal us all with his powerful music, the uncool audience of namma bengalooru welcomed RD with 'who are you?'
For which the ever humourous Raghu replied "am farhan" :)
I was provoked to have a brawl with this kid who had asked this question. But then the please adjust maadi attitude of a true bangalorean in me would just let that thought escape.
The gejje/anklet sound still lingers on... and one can only reminisce about it, i guess until the next concert ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment